- Strategic, innovative and a thorough professional with a lion’s share of experience in senior leadership roles pivoting around Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Operations, IT Infrastructure and Core Management Consulting in a Big Four.
- Possess 16+ years of rich learning & rewarding experience in both a Multinational Corporation and a Start-up enterprise backed by academics from an elite alma mater and multiple key certifications.
- Currently employed as Executive Consultant at Resource Square Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (on exclusive contract with Deloitte & Touche US-India offices) to manage the entire IT portfolio of USD 94.5 million dollars for the new tritower campus build-out in Hyderabad, India.
- Formerly served as C.E.O. of a Mobile / CRM / Analytics company – GluePlus Innotech India Pvt. Ltd. and was the SBU / Delivery Head for Deloitte US-India as Vice President – Operations & IT infrastructure, Hyderabad, India.
- Deep Management Consulting experience across verticals at Deloitte India.
20 BEST IT STARTUPS IN INDIA
Recieved this award from the StartUp Magazine within 2 years from inception of GluePlus
The 'All Star' Award
Placed in the Top 2 from among 17,000 Senior Managers, AVPs and employees in Deloitte Hyderabad to have contributed the most to Deloitte’s growth in India.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
GLUEPLUS INNOTECH INDIA PVT. LTD. (formerly known as MXIT Network India Pvt.Ltd.)
Hyderabad July 2013 – Present
- First Generation Entrepreneur/CEO/Managing Director having set-up GluePlus Innotech India (formerly Mxit – a South African Chat App in India) from ground-up at Hyderabad, India (in a record 2 months). This included strategic leadership & operational items such as hiring, vision-casting, strategy, goals, sales & marketing, dealing with Indian Government, Legal & Audit compliances, establishing systems & procedures etc.
- Built over 3 distinct products and served 6 Time & Material IT Services clients in 8 months – with a lean team of 6 developers.
- Established and matured over 20+ processes across the organization (HR, IT, Finance, among others) and most importantly, set the culture of the new line of business.
- Built strategic relationships with shareholders, clients, employees and stakeholders via different innovative channels such as The Board Packs, the Monthly Newsletters, Articles in external magazines, Videos etc
Deloitte & Touche (US-India offices)
Hyderabad December 2004 – June 2013
- Was reckoned as an “In-House” Entrepreneur at Deloitte for setting up over 15 global teams in India in a short span of 2 years! Pitched for, Built and ran the 76 member strong Deloitte National Operations Center (DNOC) and CTO teams from ground-up in 3 months.
- Responsible for remote support of 100% of Deloitte’s IT Infrastructure consisting of over 3300 servers, 114 Practice office Networks across the US and India and 600+ Deloitte Applications.
- Subsequently, pitched for, built and led the Global Command Center that remotely monitors Deloitte’s IT Infrastructure for 54+ countries. Liaisoned with over 47 vendors and 54+ regional IT teams / Member Firms within Deloitte across the globe.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing the ITIL framework at Deloitte US-India offices.
- Oversaw the Recruitment, Training, Mentoring and Management of over 76 team members.
- Additionally, responsible for the Capacity planning team, the Performance Reporting team, the Production Operations team among others.
Deloitte Consulting (on contract from Resource Square Solutions)
Hyderabad April 2017 – Present
- IT Portfolio Manager handling multiple sub-programs and IT projects pertaining to the ambitious 4.5 million SFT build-out of the new Deloitte Tri-Tower Campus in Hyderabad, India.
- Responsible for the budgetary oversight of over 94.5 million USD in terms of the IT Infrastructure network devices, AV equipment and Mobile apps that will be commissioned on the campus
- Liaison with multiple global vendors such as Verizon, AT&T, Polycom, Cisco, Apple among others and coordinate the execution against pre-defined milestones
- Represent the IT organization in the Executive Steering Committees with regards to the build-out and in-effect lead the entire effort from an IT perspective on-the-ground in Hyderabad, India.
- Achieved savings of over 1.75 million USD within a short span of 2 months with prudent planning, negotiating just-in-time deliveries and achieving economies of scale by leveraging cross-project synergies./li>
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
GLUEPLUS INNOTECH INDIA PVT. LTD.
Hyderabad July 2013 – Present
- Launched the Mxit Chat Product in India and was extensively involved in the Marketing, Business Development, Strategic direction and Operational management of the Mxit Chat Product in India. Included liaisoning with vendors, the government, the stakeholders etc.
- Acquired over 600,000 customers in the first 4 months of launch.
- Re-invented the company by strategically restructuring the Mxit (Mobile Chat) business to the GluePlus (IT Services & Products) business at the right opportune moment. Realigned the team and re-hired talent to suit the new line of business in 3 months! Dealt with the elaborate government-related processes as well including rebranding.
Deloitte Haskins & Sells
Hyderabad June 2000 – December 2004
- A Certified Management Consultant armed with hands-on Management Consulting experience at Deloitte & Touche, India.
- The core Management Consulting assignments included a mix of Strategic and Process Improvement assignments in the Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources, & Organizational Strategy domains.
- Consulted for varied MNCs in the IT Sector, Power Sector and Manufacturing domains among others.
Process & Diagnostic studies
- Was a part of an elite team comprising of Deloitte and (former) Arthur Anderson Consultants for the Government of Andhra Pradesh State, that involved Process mapping, Systems Review and IT Strategy formulation.
- Strategic Techno-economic Feasibility Study as a part of the rehabilitation package for a leading Steel company in India. This involved analyzing the entire manufacturing processes, conducting market studies and examining the financial implications in terms of a revised capital & debt restructuring effort.
- Business valuations: Engaged on a number of Business Valuation assignments, a few of which I have handled independently. Have been a part of teams that were involved in establishing the swap ratios of publicly traded fortune 500 Indian companies.
- Business Planning & Project reports: Handled Business Planning assignments for a number of pharma, steel, aluminum and IT clients
- Was involved in the Demand Estimation Modeling for a multi-million dollar satellite telecommunications company.
- Worked on a marketing revival plan for a steel company.
- Helped a few foreign companies in setting up operations in India.
MBA (APR 2000)
Bangalore April 2000
Marketing & Information Systems Management (Dual Major) Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore, India. “Best out-going student”
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING
Coimbatore May 1999
Mechanical Engineering Karunya Institute of Technology, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, India. “Best out-going student”
CERTIFIED MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (CMC)
from the International Institute of Management Consultants
from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
ITSM MANAGERS CERTIFICATE AND ITIL CERTIFIED
from the Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB)
CERTIFIED ON LEADERSHIP
from Haggai Institute of Advanced Leadership Studies, Atlanta, USA.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
on 3 areas from the Harvard Online Business School
CERTIFIED TRAINER ON LEADERSHIP
from the iEquip arm of the John Maxwell Institute of Leadership, Atlanta, USA.
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT PROJECT CHAMPION
for 2 high-visibility process process improvement projects.
OTHER KEY MENTIONS
- Reckoned as a Fast Tracker at Deloitte with 6 promotions in 11 years!
- Conceptualized and ran “The Maverick” – Deloitte India’s most successful Talent search and development initiative.
- Ideated and re-defined processes that brought down the MTTR (Mean Time to Restore Services) from 1.2 hours to below 22 minutes in less than 6 months since inception with an uptime to over 99.97%.
- Successfully wrote & Implemented over 375+ processes and the process manuals. Subsequently set up the GCC in 4 months since its inception!
- Won the Best Manager Award twice at various National Management fests in the two years in MBA.
- Won many competitions in marketing, debating, literary & music events at inter-collegiate fests.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to work under cross-cultural and multi-lingual environments.
- Has significant experience working with customers, project managers and technical teams for securing & executing concurrent projects and firm initiatives.
- Has a deep passion for giving back to the community both in terms of time, money and talents. Has mentored over 10,000+ youth and children directly or indirectly.
WRITTEN & DIRECTED
about 11 high-budget dramas & plays. Acted in multiple dramas.
COMPOSED MUSIC / SONGS
and released two singles in music albums among other singles. Plays the Keyboard & Accoustic Guitar.
ORGANIZED FUND-RAISERS, FETES AND CONCERTS
for a number of charitable trusts have raised funds for the cause of AIDS victims and destitute children.
COMPERED / EMCEED
for Rock, Fashion shows, Corporate and youth events among others
assignments undertaken at 100+ corporate and community events